Monday, August 17, 2009

Two post in a day?


I know it's pretty unheard for posting two images in a day of course considering I rarely update my blog that much. I'm just on a blogging high! So here is a sketch of what I'm planning on working on next. After valueing it out and putting color in it, I'm hoping it turn out like how I imagined it. I really like the idea of having something really eerie and also really beautiful at the same time. And to some of you it's probably just creepy, but to me there's something mesmerizing about images like that. So here is my nerdy sci-fi image of a test tube baby! Go Nerds! Bytheway any suggestions on changing anything before values and coloring would be really really helpful! Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. this one looks really super interesting. how big will it be? what medium? have you read any cyberpunk or steampunk? i love both...china mieville is my current steampunk author of choice. he is amazing. this sketch somehow made me think of his book perdito street station. (i recommend it highly though it is dense as he creates a whole alternate world...the action takes a while to really get going but when it does, wham!) i like that the head of the figure is completely enshrouded with gear. it would be interesting though to allude to her head being not quite human in some way. are you doing this in color? i could see the background filled with lots of mechanical gears and bits, steel and rust. the liquid-filled glass cylinder and the figure should be alive with color. oh you are all that and a bag of nerdy chips, my boy!

    did nearly fall over at the bounteous goodness of two count them 2 posts! is it my birthday?? such a gift!

    hey...go to youtube and check out the following trailers: "where the wild things are" "fantastic mr fox" "9" and "holmes" all movies we have to see. check out "9" in particular for some inspiration on your sketch. finally a bevy of great films!

    okay i'm going on too long and should have just written an email...send me a line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you weirdo, i already know you have this one. and there arent pink letters on my blog. there are a little peachy colored ones on the side but my main text is light blue. nerd! lol. but anyways, i like the picture. is that the one that you needed a model for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. where is:

    my favorite asian?
    where is he?

    ReplyDelete